Week 1 Assignment: Counselor Identity for Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseli
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Week 1 Assignment: Counselor Identity for Marriage, Couples, and Family Counseling (50 points)
1)Your State’s Rules and Regulations for obtaining Licensure or Certification.
2) Your state’s counseling organization website (Arkansas Counseling Association, Colorado Counseling Association, Florida Counseling Association, Louisiana Counseling Association, Oklahoma Counseling Association,Texas Counseling [www.txca.org], etc.), chapters (local area branches) and divisions (specialty areas).
3) The American Counseling Association’s website (www.counseling.org), regions (area branches), and divisions (specialty areas).
4) American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy website and your state’s Marriage and Family Therapy Association website (TAMFT).
Write a 2-3 page paper (excluding cover page and reference page, thus it will be 4 to 5 pages total) in proper APA format, utilize level headings, and discuss the following items:
1)The requirements for becoming licensed/certified (term used varies by state) as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) and Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or equivalent in your state of residence. You may want to consider:
required supervised experience (where, when, and how long) and who can supervise
2) The importance of involvement in your state’s counseling association and national counseling organizations. What are the benefits of belonging to each?
3) What are some ways you can get involved with your state’s counseling organization and the national counseling organizations? Are there any specialty areas or divisions you are interested in?
***Students should provide examples when necessary and cite where appropriate.***
Students should review the rubric for the assignment prior to completion. Students are granted one submission attempt, thus they should proofread and ensure they are attaching the correct document prior to submission. Remember, as a counselor-in-training it is important to ensure documents are completed with accuracy.