write a 1,200-1,500 word essay in reponse to the following prompt statement: “Ma
Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
write a 1,200-1,500 word essay in reponse to the following prompt statement:
“Many Americans may have seen the War of 1812 as one that reaffirmed their national liberty, but the history of America from colonial times to the early 1800s is not one of expanding freedom from tyranny, but, rather, a story of oppression.”
Your essay should draw on information from Chapters 1-7 of The American Yawp and FOUR of the primary source documents that I discuss at the end of each of the first seven lectures.
In addition to an introductory paragraph that outlines your main thesis/argument and a Conclusion that summarizes your main points and key arguments, you should structure your essay to address the following questions (in other words write a paragraph of between 200 and 250 words in response to each of these questions and in this order):
1) Assess the motivations behind Spain’s conquest of larger portions of the Americas and the impact of that conquest on the American Indians.
2) Why did many European nations seek to emulate the Spanish and try to colonize portions of North America? Were those early attempts at colonization examples of the pursuit and/or expansion of freedom in the New World?
3) How did race, gender, socio-economic status, and religion shape the experience of freedom in colonial America?
4) Explain the causes of the American Revolution. Did that historic event and its consequences (e.g. the U.S. Constitution) expand Americans’ freedoms?
5) Would you agree that the ascendancy of Jefferson’s Republicans in the early 1800s expanded white men’s freedoms, but not those of other Americans?